Followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Masculine Card and Freebie

Hey there peeps, its been a little over 2 weeks since my last post, time sure does fly. Wish I had more time one my hands to post more often. 
So I sat down yesterday to make a masculine birthday card. I think it turned out OK. The colors I chose makes it look a little Christmas-y but that was so not my intentions. The image comes from the lovely Anne Fenton. She is super talented and has a freebie on her blog every Thursday, I love her work and her images are adorable. You should definitely check her work out. The sketch come from Priscilla Styles. They have a sketch challenge going on right now and since I'm just oh so terrible with sketches I decide to try out that one.
I colored the image using the copics that Audrey sent me. I love working with them cause its a real treat compared to pencil crayons. I looked through the sentiment folder in my computer to see if I had a sentiment that would fit to this card and when I didn't find one I got the weird idea of making one. I looked through Google images to see if I could find a circle flame and race car. I used photo shop to edit the two together and added a sentiment in the middle. I think it turned out great. If any of you would like to have it to use on your card the help yourself to it at the bottom of this post.

I would like to enter this card into the current challenges:
  1. Crop Stop - Masculine Birthday Card
  2. Truly Madly Crafty Challenges - 5 embellishments (4 buttons, 1 ribbon)
  3. Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
  4. Sweet Stamps Blog - Anything Goes
  5. Ooh-la-la Creations - Ribbon or Twine (Ribbon)
  6. Die Cuttin' Divas - Buttons & Birthday
  7. Simon Says Stamp - Clean And Simple
  8. Priscilla Styles - Sketch
  9. Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Anything Goes
  10. One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
  11. Delightful Sketches - Add Ribbon
  12. Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
  13. Make It Monday - Anything Goes
  14. Moving Along With The Times - Keep It Real
  15. Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
Oh, and before I go, here is that freebie for you all. Hope you enjoy it and Thank you all for your lovely comments. I appreciate everyone of my followers. Hugs, Rosalee

27 comments:

  1. Super cute male card! The coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card Rosalee, love the image and your wonderful colouring.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this brilliant card! Many thanks for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a stunning C&S card you have created - just beautiful! Thankyou so much for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosalee
    A fabulous boy's card love the image thankyou for joining us this week at Bearly Mine
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love that card. So hard to find stuff for boys/men. Thank you for following me over the past couple years :) I do appreciate it.
    Thanks for entering and posting my giveaway. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, sure it looks a little Christmas-y; but it's a wonderful layout... and I'll bet if you added blue in there to go with the jeans, the whole thing would change that "feel". I think it's great!!! Wonderful use of image and sentiment! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card I love the image, the layout and colours are fab too. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really like the color combination that you chose and the ribbon & button! Very cute! Thanks for playing along with the Delightful Challenge Design Team this week!

    Hugs,

    Chriss -DT
    http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leuk kaartje is dit.
    liefs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - its a fab card for a young boy love the colours you used - thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super little image, I love your sweet card!
    Thanks for 'keepin' it real' at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card for a youngster the image and design are terrific, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosalee, thank you for giving me the link to your card..it is adorable. Huggz anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. great boy card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you next time.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, what a nice male friend card. Thanks for sharing it at Die Cuttin' Divas this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card! Love that image and those buttons!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the slanted lines on your card and the masculine textures and sentiment are WONDERFUL! Super job here. ;)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the texture, buttons and colors you used which all add up to a great masculine card! The image is fabulous and great coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us for this month's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will join us again next month!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous card and great image. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs. NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine with this fab card! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Rosalee, I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website and my new Craft Online shop: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com
    Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful male birthday card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Little Miss Muffet. Don't forget to add our News Badge to your side bar to be entered into our random drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a great masculine card, I love the main image and the papers you have used go perfectly together.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.