Followers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Finally...A Card

Life has been keeping me busy for the last few weeks. And to make it all worst I came down with the flu yesterday. Sure hope I can finish writing this post. I have to get it dome.
I've been working on a Magnolia card for the past week. Took every second of spare time I had. It seems like forever sine I made one. I was looking up tutorials on coloring with copics and found quite a few good ones but it will take me some time to get the techniques mastered. I won the copics a few weeks ago from Audrey and I love them. I did some research online on finding some storage shelves and I came across a neat one. My father-in-law, who by the way is a genius, offered to build me one. I think it turned out great, here's a pic for you to see. Pretty cool, huh?
Anyway enough with that, now onto my card. The image is my first attempt ever at coloring with copics. The dress should look like pleats but to me it clearly didn't turn out like it should have. The chain down the side under the bow comes from a pair of sandals. I took them apart to just to get the chain and I'm so glad that I did. I think it looks very nice and adds a nice touch. Sorry for having to keep this post so short but I'm not feeling too good and I have to leave it like this. Here are some pics of the card...

I would like to enter this card into the current challenges:
  1. Simon Says Stamp Challenges - Use your favorite Tool (Fiskars Sunburst Border Punch)
  2. Just Magnolia - Anything Goes
  3. Crafty Ribbon's Challenges - Black, White And One Other Color
  4. Diva's By Design - Anything Goes
  5. Wags'n Whiskers Stamp Challenges - Say It With Flowers
  6. DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Spring Flowers
  7. Unique Crafters Challenge - Use Paper Flowers

18 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card you did such a great job on the coloring. The blue is such a beautiful color.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge. Have a great Easter
    DIANA L.
    http://dianmlarson.blogspt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosalee gorgeous cute Tilda creation but sadly your Tilda image isnt officially carrying a flower or bunches of flowers..very inventive ..thanks for sharing at Totally Tilda chall look forward to seeing more of your sweet Tilda creations..new chall starts Sun..

    smiles Christine TT DT entry manager

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosalee, gorgeous card , love the colours and the beautiful details! Your copic storage unit is fantastic!
    Hugs Cheryl
    Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card . Love the design & the glorious "chain". x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Rosalee,fab colours and pretty embellishments.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Rosalee - thanks for joining me over at my blog - have returned the favour and become your latest follower! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY RIBBNS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosalee, what a fabulous card! Really cute image and great colouring. Love your colour combo and the chain - great idea to take sandals apart, but I hope they weren't your best pair.

    Love the Copic storage as well - would suit my Promarkers wonderfully - your father in law is certainly a genius!!

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosalee, I sure hope you are feeling a lot better now. I really hate the flu. I love your copic storage! He did an awesome job. I love your card also and you did an awesome job coloring!!! Love how her dress looks so full from the highlights you created. Very pretty! And for the chain from the sandals.....am thinking your fil is not the only genius in the family! Great accent to finish off such a wonderful creation. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!! You did a fabulous job with the coloring!! I love all the details!! Gorgeous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, great image and i love the blue. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Rosalee, so sweet and pretty :)
    Love your copic storage, clever FIL.
    Hope you feel better soon hun.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wanted to thank you for your visit and sweet comments and most of all for taking the time to vote for me-I so appreciate that.
    Sweetie this card is stunning and I am so impressed with your coloring, can't believe you just got your markers.
    Such a sweet image
    Hugs sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the shelf for your markers idea!! My dad is also a genius at making stuff, he made me a desk, (a really big one) and also a ribbon holder, I should post a pic to share ... it definitely saves a couple of bucks :) yeah I'll post soon, thanks for the comment.
    Hugs gurl :) Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great storage and what an adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!I love the way you colored her dress!
    Nice to meet you, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful creations Rosalee. I am head over heels for your Copic storage. Love it. So happy you came and commented to win my blog candy. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card!! And I love your storage for copics..
    Thanks for joining my candy Rosalee!!!
    If you'd like 2 more chances for the candy just let me know and I'll send you my address..
    There's not much time left but you can still make it if you want :))
    Big hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.