Followers

Monday, October 31, 2011

I was in a grey mood...

and I sure wish I hadn't been. It took me a while to figure out how I should color the Tilda image I used for this card. It didn't turn out too bad but I can tell you all one thing, I won't be choosing grey for a card in a long time. Not only did I end up not knowing how to color the image I also didn't have any grey mulberry roses that would go with this card. I ended up having to use Fred She Said Designs flowers. I ordered them a while back and finally found a way to use them on a Magnolia card. I think they add a sweet touch. The sentiment comes from Sentiments 4 You, they have an awesome collection of freebie sentiments and this one so happnens to be one of them. Sorry for having to cut this post short today (as if my other ones are any longer, lol) but I have a lot of house work to get done. And before I go here is my card.
I would like to enter my card into the current challenges:
  1. Midnight Sketch Challenge #127 - Sketch
  2. Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
  3. Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
  4. Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
  5. The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
  6. Crafts And Me - Use Blue On Your Creation
  7. Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
  8. Paper Pretties - Use A Sentiment
  9. Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
  10. Creative Craft World - Use A Sentiment
  11. The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - Use A Charm

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely easel creation with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge! Love your butterfly charm and the lovely papers! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, luv the charm. thanks for joining us a cutie pie cheers sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love your image and colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks quite unusual and soft in grey... and the MS punch gives it a lot of character.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing easel card, really cute image and lovely colours.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosalee, what a pretty card. Not seen many grey toned cards, but what a lovely result. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin'. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosalee this is gorgeous, I love the grey, love her cute little mouth too, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card!! Lovely punched borders and cut work!! Love the easel style cards too!
    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty colours, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute, love the soft grey on your card.. it's good to try different colours sometimes. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty easel card and I think you've done a wonderful job using grey. I don't think I've ever done a card in grey only because I've never thought to. Definitley going to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I think you've done a brilliant job with this colour scheme. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like it! I like it a lot! Thank you for following me (I am following you back) and for posting my candy on your sidebar.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosalee, there's nothing wrong with the way this card looks. It's quite fabulous, and I love the way the grey turned out. Remember grey is a neutral and anything would go with it. Thanks for leaving your kind comment about my candy give-away. However, if you want to be considered in the second part of it (the Spellbinder on the far right side) you need to make a comment as to which of my cards during this year that you find to be one of your favorites. I have to make it fair for everyone, so, if you are interested, please stop back by. Hugs, dj1952 (Debra)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have done a fantastic job with the colour combo x
    If you had no grey flowers, you could always colour white ones with a promarker.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosalee I think you card is lovely and I think the flowers are perfect... love the charm!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.