Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Baaack....

Wow! Life sure has gotten away from me and so has my blog. I'm really disappointing at the lack of time I spend to keep my blog updated but with all the garden work and canning I have to say it has been tough. I've noticed that I lost 2 followers due to my lack to commitment to my blog and I'm sorry for not posting more often. I'll try to do better. :)
I got this weird idea to try something new and off I went to give it a go. Beading! Trying something different to make this card pop was all I had in mind. It took me forever to get this strand of beads beaded but I ended up managing after about 1.5 hours of work. Boy was I glad to be done. I have to say that the card didn't turn out quite like I expected it to but I guess it'll have to do. Imagine making a card that you want perfect and you work on it about twice as long as any of your other cards and it actually turns out not at all as you anticipated, boy that stinks! By the way if you've never tried making your own lace you really ought to. All you need is paper and any craft border punch. Its a little tricky in finding out how wide your strip should be but once you've done it you'll never want to use real lace again. Anyway here's my card.
I would like to enter this card into the current challenges:
  1. Delicious Doodles Challenges - Something new (Beading, image, flowers)
  2. Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - More Then One Fold
  3. I Did It Creations Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
  4. Cheery Lynn Designs Blog - Anything Goes
  5. Top Tip Tuesdays - Birthday Time
  6. Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Flowers
  7. SweetStamps Blog - Stitches (By the flowers, its hard to see)
  8. Crafting For All Seasons Challenge Blog - Birthdays
  9. Stamp Something Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (Final Challenge)
  10. One Stitch At A Time Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
  11. Craft Your Passion Challenges - F Word (Flowers, Fancy Fold)
  12. Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Multi Fold

23 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous Rosalee, it certainly looks like you put a lot of work in it, love your beading and the paper lace. Welcome back, and don't worry about the two followers leaving, they musn't have been loyal ha ha Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Rosalee, love your gorgeous colouring and fab punched border.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my adorable! Love the DP and the inside looks just as beautiful!

    Amazing how life gets in the way isn't it? :D

    So glad you joined us at Ladybug Crafts Ink for our flower challenge!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable, Rosalee! I'm loving the beads you added. NICE touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous easel card! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the design and the gorgeous Tilda!! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Rosalee, your card is perfect... don't be hard on yourself. And don't worry about followers leaving... the best will always stay.
    I agree about paper lace. I LOVE it... and I love the MS border punch that you have used on both side of the paper. Very elegant!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for using the "F" word with us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges!!

    Good Luck!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOur card is gorgeous!! Thanks for entering my candy.. but in order to be eligible to win you also need to enter Sam's Blog Candy over on her blog... would hate for you to miss out!!! Hugsxxx
    Sam's Blog is:
    http://manycraftssolittletime.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-my-blog-aversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant marriage of beading with that image. This is absolutely adorable!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Birthday challenge."
    It's been a pleasure admiring your work.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we all have had moments when the crd doesn't turn out as we anticipate, but yours is fab with the extra special touches like the beading. I love the Indian Magnolia.

    Thanks for sharing Hugs Julie

    I have some candy if you have time to visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation hun!!
    Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck with the draw.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy and OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosalee, this is so very pretty! Thx for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosalee Hello,A beautiful card you've made. thank you for your comment. Very happy international entries are welcome on my blog. I look forward sehr.Sidebar and enforcement agencies should be. Your blog is very nice, I've entered the same as persecutors. Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I am loving that bead work! Just perfect for the image!

    Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Rosalee. Thanks so much for coming over and joining in the give away and following me. I am going to follow you too! :) Good Luck on the drawing.
    Hugs,
    Terri
    www.myneed2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the beading came out fabulous Rosalee!! Happy to be able to pay a visit to your blog - your so good at visitng mine. Cool lace border as well. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely birthday card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks soooo lovely. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs....Mona

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is among the most important sites on this industry. Nearly every write-up which you create is gold. Your writing style is eloquent, revitalizing,and fairly interesting.
    replacement kitchen doors glasgow

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.