Followers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Easel Card For A Guy,,,

I finally managed to make my first Easel Card for a guy. I could not have done if it weren't for Sarah. I won the cute LOTV stamp on this card from her this month and it so happened to arrive in the mail today. I just had to go and make a card with it. I'm not much for brown but its basically the only paper I had that fit to some of the challenges that I wanted to enter. I definitely have to go do some shopping to get myself some paper for guy cards. I colored the image with copics and pencil crayons. The sentiment comes from Marion82. I just love her sentiments...she has so many to choose from. There were flowers on the side of the sentiments that I have to remove in order for it to not be girly. I wanted to add a charm that would fit to the occasion but the only one I found was a plain old Dollarama charm. I'll definitely have to do some shopping online to find some cheap ones...Any Suggestions???? Anyway enough rambling...Here is my card.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
  1. Simon Says Stamp Challenges - Stars and Stripes
  2. Stamp Something - Something Sentimental
  3. Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - Sketch
  4. Shannon's Sentiments - Birthdays
  5. Penny's Paper - Here Comes Summer (Fishing)
  6. One Stitch At A Time - Bling It On
  7. Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
  8. Aud Sentiments - A Sentiment/Card for a Male
  9. Craft Your Passion Challenges - Let It All Hang Out
  10. Lothian Crafts - Easel Cards
  11. Sparkles Forum Challenges - Something Metal (Charm)
Oh...and before I go, head on over to Cheryl's blog and leave her some grand parenting advise on spoiling grand kids. She's got a surprise for one lucky commenter.

21 comments:

  1. Hello Rosalee! Wow your little fisherman card is sooooo adorable. Love your image and dp. They go perfectly together! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card the image is cute and fab colouring. Thanks for entering our challenge.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauuuw wat een super mooi kaartje en veel
    succes met de challenges

    gr hetty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosalle
    oh it is so exciting to see your card. I am so glad that the stamp arrived safely and that you love it.

    Your card is wonderful. A great mans card.
    I would like to join your list of followers but, for some reason they are not showing. I will try again later. I hope you keep visiting and leaving comments. I will be posting more candy soon so I hope you will enter again
    Warm hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab easel card, love the colours & the image is great!

    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC & CYP, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable easel card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, dey is lieb,, I've never made an easel card, maybe someday...
    Claudia W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I love this adorable image and your color and design is just perfectly masculine! Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and join us for another exciting challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Rosalee!

    This is a beautiful card! I've always envied card-makers who can rock masculine designs. I constantly find it difficult to stay away from flowers and swirls!

    This is a bit late but thanks very much for joining my giveaway at craftrooms.blogspot.com! :) Hope you win!


    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so fabulous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, cute image! Thanks for taking part in SFC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, love the easel shape and gorgeous brown coloured papers ... I think Pink Gem got some charms at 6 for 90p but not sure if they have what you are looking for. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there;0) I love this card! The image is adorable! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Have a great evening;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a brilliant card x

    I would search on Ebay, very reasonable prices.

    Thanks for joining my blog candy & posting in your side bar. I shall be announcing the winners at some point this week, so keep checking & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful.. Hey I have new candy on my new blog .. come on over and join in.
    Hugs, Linda
    http://lindabscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant easel card, love the image. THank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous easel card...Love the image and the papers are perfect for a man....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rosalee, I love this card!!! The image and the papers work together perfectly! I just bought that stamps and this makes me want to hurry and use it! You did an awesome job!!! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and especially for taking the time to comment. Of course you can copy the sketch! I think the link is listed under the challenges I joined. It may be over but you could still use the sketch. I thought it was a nice one for a guy card too! Hugs and God bless, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this darling masculine Easel card! The colors are perfect and love the layout! Thanks for stopping by my blog- I always enjoy meeting new stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely man's card. Absolutely lovely.

    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    Rainbow Studio's Clear Craft Stamps
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.