Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easel Card with Sewing Technique

Yesterday I took the time to make yet another card. I've been meaning to make a card for a long time now where I actually sew on the card. Most times I tend to forget until its too late but for once I managed to not forget. I just love the affect that the sewing has on cards and I have to say it really worked for this one too. Green is one of my favorite colors and plus I had some huge green roses that I bought a while ago that I've been meaning to use on a card. However they were much too large for this 4.75 x 4.25 inch card so I tore off 3 of the layers of petals underneath to make it the size that I want. I don't think its too noticeable but I have to say that those roses do not compare to the beautiful Mulberry roses that most crafters use.
The image was outlined with copics and colored in with pencil crayons. I'm wondering if I should take the time to color the surface that Tilda is resting her hands on? Is it a table or should I just leave it the way it is? I left the inside plain but I like how it looks. There is such a thing as too crowded in my opinion.
Anyway, enough chatter...Here is my card.

I would like to enter this card into the current challenges:
  1. CES Challenge Blog - Spring Colors/Image
  2. Frosted Designs - Butterflies
  3. Theme Thursday - Girls
  4. Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Anything Goes
  5. Totally Gorjuss - Bling It On
  6. Shelly's Images - Show Us What You Got
  7. Craft You Passion Challenges - Show Us Your Layers
  8. Flutter By Wednesdays - Butterfly
  9. Pile It On Challenges - 2 Ribbon
  10. Simon Say's Stamp Challenges - Anything Goes
  11. Fun At Fairy Knoll - Spring
  12. YNS Challenge Blog - Texture It

17 comments:

  1. Wauuuw wat een super mooi kaartje en veel
    succes met de challenges

    gr hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely easel card! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, Rosalee! Loving the green tones...and the added little charm is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are some lush roses. Gorgeous and love the seing. Thanks for playing along at TG. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous easel card in spring colours. Thanks for participating at the TG challenge this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, just love the colours!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge & CYP this week, good luck!
    Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Tilda creation but sadly does not follow the Totally Tilda theme this wk. of "Paper Piecing" your Tilda image needs to be pieced with design paper..we at Totally Tilda love to see your work & hope to see you back again..you have untill May 7th. noon BMT for this chall..

    thanks Christine TT DT & girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosalee - wow, this is just gorgeous! Love your flowers on this lovely little Easel card! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Show Us What You Got" Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice card and the color I like very much Roselee.

    I'm making now a card for our daughter.
    Many regards from Lida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely montones, Rosalee. Love the big green flower... and Tilda looks delightful as ever. The sewing looks great.

    Hope your sister is doing fine... tell her that one day she should receive the card from me - all the way from Indonesia. Sometimes, the post can take mighty long, you know.

    xxx Monica
    PS: This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Rosalee!

    Thanks for joining my birthday candy!!!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so sweet, thanks for sharing!

    hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thank you for participating in the raffle on my blog. I've enjoyed your visit to my blog and now I am also your follower.
    Thanks
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a beautiful easel card. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it! I am a follower of yours too:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cards are very pretty, cute and nice,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your layering, very creative. Thanks so much for sharing your talent at the SSCC 'Anything Goes' challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love. Hugs and God Bless.
Rosalee M.